Register to vote
There are lots of ways you can register to vote in Idaho! Use one of the following methods so that you can vote in general election on November 6:
- ONLINE: You can register online in Ada County. If you chose to register online, you'll need an Idaho-issued driver's license or identification card.
- BY MAIL: Complete the following form and mail it to: Ada County Elections, 400 N. Benjamin St., Suite 100, Boise, ID 83704.
- IN PERSON: Complete the following form and return it in person to the Ada County Elections Office at 400 N. Benjamin St., Suite 100, Boise, ID 83703.
- ON ELECTION DAY: You can register at the polls on election day if you bring a valid Idaho identification and proof of Idaho residency.
voting in the Democratic primary
Any registered voter can choose to vote in the general election on November 6.
Key Election dates
- April 20: Last day to register to vote before the May 15 primary election. Election Day registration is available, but no voter registration is available between today and May 15. See below for more details about how to register to vote in Idaho.
- April 30: Early voting for May 15 primary election begins. See below for early voting locations.
- May 4: Last day to apply for a mail-in absentee ballot. Absentee ballot applications must be received by the Ada County Clerk by 5:00PM today.
- May 11: Early voting for May 15 primary election ends.
- May 15: PRIMARY ELECTION DAY! Voting locations are open from 8:00AM to 8:00PM. See below for voting locations.
- May 15: Today is also the last day to return absentee mail-in ballots. Ballots must be received by the Ada County Clerk by 8:00PM today.
Early Voting for May 15 primary election
Early voting is available from April 30 through May 11. You can vote early at the Ada County Elections office between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. The elections office is located at 400 N. Benjamin Lane in Boise.
Election Day voting for May 15 primary election
Where you vote depends on where you live in District 16. Click here to view a map that you can use to determine which precinct you live in. Below are the polling locations for each precinct. Note that precinct polling locations may be changed up until April 15. If locations change, we will update them here.
Precinct 1601: Foothills Christian Church, 9655 W State Street, Garden City
Precinct 1602: Collister Community Church, 4709 W. State Street, Boise
Precinct 1603: Cynthia Mann Elementary School, 5401 W Castle Drive, Boise
Precinct 1604: Collister School Gymnasium, 4426 W Catalpa Drive, Boise
Precinct 1605: Taft Elementary School, 3722 W Anderson Street, Boise
Precinct 1606: Idaho Department of Transportation, 3311 W State Street, Boise
Precinct 1607: Boise Bible College, 8695 W Marigold Street, Garden City
Precinct 1608: Ada County Highway District, 3775 N. Adams St., Garden City
Precinct 1609: Capital High School, 8055 Goddard Rd, Boise
Precinct 1610: Hillview United Methodist Church, 8525 W Ustick Rd, Boise
Precinct 1611: Mountain View Elementary School, 3500 N Cabarton Lane, Boise
Precinct 1612: Morley Nelson Elementary School, 7701 W Northview Street, Boise
Precinct 1613: Leisure Villa, 3003 N Overlook Road, Boise
Precinct 1614: St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 2206 N Cole Road, Boise
Precinct 1615: Koelsch Elementary School, 2015 N Curtis Road, Boise