Register to vote
There are lots of ways you can register to vote in Idaho! Use one of the following methods so that you can vote in general election on November 6:
- ONLINE: You can register online in Ada County. If you chose to register online, you'll need an Idaho-issued driver's license or identification card.
- BY MAIL: Complete the following form and mail it to: Ada County Elections, 400 N. Benjamin St., Suite 100, Boise, ID 83704.
- IN PERSON: Complete the following form and return it in person to the Ada County Elections Office at 400 N. Benjamin St., Suite 100, Boise, ID 83703.
- ON ELECTION DAY: You can register at the polls on election day if you bring a valid Idaho identification and proof of Idaho residency.
voting in the GENERAL ELECTION
Any registered voter can choose to vote in the general election on November 6.
Key Election dates
- October 12: Last day to register to vote before the November 6 general election. Election Day registration is available, but no voter registration is available between today and November 6. See below for more details about how to register to vote in Idaho.
- October 15: Early voting for November 6 general election begins. See below for early voting locations.
- October 26: Last day to apply for a mail-in absentee ballot. Absentee ballot applications must be received by the Ada County Clerk by 5:00PM today.
- November 2: Early voting for November 6 general election ends.
- November 6: ELECTION DAY! Voting locations are open from 8:00AM to 8:00PM. See below for voting locations.
- November 6: Today is also the last day to return absentee mail-in ballots. Ballots must be received by the Ada County Clerk by 8:00PM today.
Early Voting for the November 6 general election
Early voting is available from October 15 through November 2. You can vote early at four locations:
- The Ada County Elections Office between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Saturday. The elections office is located at 400 N. Benjamin Lane in Boise.
- Boise City Hall between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Saturday. The Boise City Hall is located at 150 N. Capitol Boulevard in Boise.
- Meridian City Hall between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Saturday. Meridian City Hall is located at 33 E. Broadway Avenue in Meridian.
- Mobile Voting Booth between 10:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Saturday. Locations and dates are still being determined and will be updated here when available in October.
Election Day voting for the November 6 general election
Where you vote depends on where you live in District 16. Click here to view a map that you can use to determine which precinct you live in. Below are the polling locations for each precinct. Note that precinct polling locations may be changed up until October 7. If locations change, we will update them here.
Precinct 1601: Foothills Christian Church, 9655 W State Street, Garden City
Precinct 1602: Collister Community Church, 4709 W. State Street, Boise
Precinct 1603: Cynthia Mann Elementary School, 5401 W Castle Drive, Boise
Precinct 1604: Collister School Gymnasium, 4426 W Catalpa Drive, Boise
Precinct 1605: Taft Elementary School, 3722 W Anderson Street, Boise
Precinct 1606: Idaho Department of Transportation, 3311 W State Street, Boise
Precinct 1607: Boise Bible College, 8695 W Marigold Street, Garden City
Precinct 1608: Ada County Highway District, 3775 N. Adams St., Garden City
Precinct 1609: Capital High School, 8055 Goddard Rd, Boise
Precinct 1610: Hillview United Methodist Church, 8525 W Ustick Rd, Boise
Precinct 1611: Mountain View Elementary School, 3500 N Cabarton Lane, Boise
Precinct 1612: Morley Nelson Elementary School, 7701 W Northview Street, Boise
Precinct 1613: Leisure Villa, 3003 N Overlook Road, Boise
Precinct 1614: St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 2206 N Cole Road, Boise
Precinct 1615: Koelsch Elementary School, 2015 N Curtis Road, Boise